Monday, May 30

Facebook killed the Blog [star]

V's

I remember the days when reading blogs was a way of getting to know what was on someone's mind but of course not everyone had a blog nor did they want one. El Rancho was made to keep people informed about the goings on and more of a photo log of such events. It worked well for a few years but along came Facebook and it was over. Facebook did everything ERR ever did and more. It covers everything we once did and it's interface is much easier to see. I mean how long would ERR take to fully load up with all the photos in each post. If you want to know what's on someone's mind all you have to do is look at their facebook page or see them on the news feed (if you look at them enough that persons status will always appear). But I guess we live in a microwave society where that kind of info is readily available. Which leads me to this question - does facebook improve the quality of friendships or does it water them down with more info but less one on one time? I mean I know that personally for me it's easier to see someone's fb page than actually catching up with them to know what they are up to. I think blogs would still facilitate catching up with friends yet it wasn't everyone's thing so catching up was needed. It seems almost everyone has a facebook page so keeping informed about certain people is easier than catching up.

No comments: